Thursday, June 28, 2007

oh.my.god.

okay, so i learned how to knit whilst in the lovely metropolis of washington, d.c. and as such, 98% of my lys experience is d.c. based. but, you see, everything in d.c. is expensive, especially real estate. that means it costs a boatload for the yarn shops to rent space, which means one thing: they are small. like, closet-sized. you couldn't park your car in some of them.

the thing about Pittsburgh is... well, it's dirt cheap. it didn't occur to me what that might mean for a lys until today. knit one is HUGE. i was not mentally prepared for that kind of utopia, my friends, and i was bad. i am not allowed to go back there for a long time. like, maybe not until i start making money and won't feel so guilty. or maybe i should go in often, but only take like $20 in cash each time until i gain some self-control.

i went in with a purpose: blue and bronze yarn for a harry potter scarf! i bought some karabella aurora 8 (my most favorite yarn in the world, i think) in blue and bronze (or, at least, the closest thing to bronze that exists in yarn, as far as i can tell. and don't tell me that any of that metallic novelty shit is yarn, i don't want to hear it).
while i was there, some other things maaaay have jumped into my bag as well. like maybe some koigu. and some artyarns supermerino. and some noro.
what? stop looking at me like that. didn't i tell you i was bad?

it's okay, i don't feel any buyers remorse. i took a lot of time looking (and touching) everything so i (1) truly love everything i bought, and (2) have a project in mind for all of it.

it's too late to get any good pictures, but i'll post some tomorrow :-)

5 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How funny--I was at Knit One yesterday as well!!! I bought some Artyarns sock yarn and desperately tried to find some more koigu for my baby sweater, but to no avail...

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

You know, even if you have great will power in general, there will always be those rare times when you're caught with your guard down and you just kind of lose control. As long as you really like what you got, I think you did okay. I absolve you. :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger KeanaLee said...

Isn't KNIT ONE great! I haven't been there for about 2 months because of my pregnancy sickness but I plan on going in a few more weeks. We should meet up!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger pia said...

oooh. man. we were about 30 miles from Pittsburgh today coming back from Ohio... next time...

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Honey, if you like Knit One, wait til you hit Yarns Unlimited...!!! But Knit One does have room to just spread out and knit. Welcome (back) to Pittsburgh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home