Tuesday, April 03, 2007

i have sad news: my camera is sick.
now, since my camera is less than a year old and cost me more than i dare admit on this blog, this makes me pretty darn angry. it all started about two weeks ago (at a bridal shower, so don't go getting any ideas that i dropped it in a puddle of beer and broke it; for once, this is not my fault), and it's just been a downward spiral from there.
i called the warranty 800 number. i have to send my camera to somewhere in the midwest for an unspecified amount of time, where they will either fix it, send me a new one, or send me a refurbished one (their choice). the good news is that it is in fact still under warranty and so it shouldn't cost me anything.

so, no new knitting pictures for awhile :-(
and no pictures make for a pretty darn crappy blog :-(

don't abandon me...


*sigh*

in much better news:

i kinda made knitting friends! Pia and I met on Sunday and went to SnB together. It was kind of comforting to be around people who discussed things like Maryland Sheep & Wool, gauge, knitting a sweater out of tiny needles and mohair, sock yarn on etsy, and new cast-ons like they are totally normal topics of conversation. (i mean, they ARE totally normal topics, but somehow my non-knitter friends seem to be less convinced of this obviously true fact).

i finally got my Knit Happens sale yarn yesterday! Something about having 30 skeins of yarn show up at your door really makes to look at your ever-growing stash and think "what on earth am i doing here?" so, no more yarn until Maryland Sheep & Wool. seriously. my favorite thing that i ordered was some Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs & Butterflies in the Vera colorway. It is pink & brown, and all-around fabulous. I only got 3 skeins (idiot), and so now I'm going to go in search of one more to make.... a clapotis. yeah, i am SO late to this party, I know. don't care, it's going to be gorgeous. i also got some cascade 220 and debbie bliss cashmerino for good measure.

i read the Yarn Harlot's new book in less than 24 hours. i am thinking about making everyone i know read it so they stop asking me about the pile of yarn.
i also bought Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits. I love it, but it's given me startitis... happily, i have yarn for at least a couple of the sweaters. i may pick another pattern to buy yarn for at Maryland Sheep & Wool... we'll see.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

We won't abandon you! Pictures are not always mandatory...

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger KeanaLee said...

Janet-
I spent the weekend in your fair city & had an awesome time. But I didn't get to go to Knit Happens otr the other yarn store you told me about - my family would have no yarn shopping on their trip, they are so inconsiderate. I started Clapotis last week, have fun with it!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger pia said...

Yay! I felt the same way. I was just getting someone to DVR all future Knitty Gritty's and well. Some people just don't get it.
I got my package too! I need a good felting project now, if you have any ideas.
Maybe next Sunday we can do it again? (The 15th?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home