Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm back from Spring Break (VEGAS, BABY!), and have boatloads of work to do, so I'm going to have to make this as brief as possible...

Guess what FINALLY arrived last Monday (just in time to go on break with me)? My very first ever Rockin' Sock Club shipment!!



Before heading to Sin City, I stopped home in Ligonier, PA to see my folks. While there, I popped into the LYS, Kathy's Kreations to pick up some needles. The owner, Kathy Zimmerman, very generously agreed to sign her pattern in Lace Style and pose for a picture with me! (As a side note, should you ever find yourself in Western PA, be sure to stop in and see Kathy. Her store is as lovely as she is!)





I knit on the plane on the way down (on my TSA approved bamboo circs, of course) and made quite a bit of progress on the shawl. I'm hoping to finish the main triangle before class this Thursday. Right now I'm on row 113 (out of 172):

4 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I love Kathy's Creations and will be going there later today to pick up some yarn (don't tell anybody, I'm supposedly doing a 'knit from your stash' thing). She is so nice and helpful and normal!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

What lovely handwriting Kathy Zimmerman has! :)

I really like the first Socks That Rock selection. I don't belong to the club myself, but I've been seeing it on others' blogs and I think it looks really nice. I am looking forward to see how it knits up!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I would love to go to Kathy's Creations, and the PA thing sounds so promising. But I looked it up once and it's awfully far from my hometown in SE PA. Tragic. But glad you enjoyed it.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger pia said...

Yay!!!!
Send me an email: sparklypia AT gmail.com and let's make this happen! ~Pia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home