Tuesday, January 30, 2007

i've been on a yarn-buying rampage, and i must be stopped.
no, seriously.

less than a year ago, i had no stash. do you hear me? NO STASH. none.

today? today i pouted that my elann.com order still didn't arrive (it shipped over a week ago - from Washington state, which I realize is far away from Washington, DC... but still, I want my yarn and I want it now) and cheered myself up by ordering some knitpicks yarn which i plan to use to make.... well, this, for starters.

and then there is the LYS, which I should not be allowed to go anywhere near. last week i nearly shrieked with joy upon finding the exact color and amount of manos that i've been coveting to make my so-called scarf. and picked up one or two (okay, fine.... four) other goodies while i was there.

i promise that pictures will be forthcoming, but i'm holding them hostage until the following things occur:
(1) i organize my stash, which requires buying some sort of stash-holding containers because the two lovely baskets currently in use are no longer cutting it
(2) i finish blocking Kristen's branching out (i promise you, it's beautiful already)
(3) some of this internet ordered yarn actually shows up (do you hear me, usps? get a move on!)
(4) the fingerless gloves i'm making for my roommate look more like gloves and less like strange tubes of yarn.


don't even ask me how many projects i've got on my needles, let alone how many projects i've got brewing in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home