Monday, November 13, 2006


i am too poor to buy any more crafty stuff for the time being, but man, that never keeps me from browsing and dreaming.

here's my crafting wish list:
(1) sewing machine
(2) knitpicks options
(3) so very many knitting books (knitting vintage socks, one skein, scarf style, knit and crochet with beads, last minute knitted gifts.... i could go on for forever)

also... i was shocked today to find that *drumroll* i have a stash. that might sound silly, but i swear that i never considered myself a stash-er. i generally buy yarn with specific projects in mind, and then work my way through those projects; what i refer to as my "stash" is really just projects-in-the-waiting. somewhere along the way, however... all those skeins i bought from the sale rack or because i was only $15 away from getting free shipping, or whatever... they seem to have added up into a full-blown stash.
having made this realization, i broke down and organized the damn thing today. one of my (male) roommates came home mid organization while all the yarn was skattered all over the floor and i was furiously untangling a knotted skein. he raised an eyebrow and said in the most serious of voices, "your yarn seems to have escaped from its container."

3 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Janet!
I think this blog is fabulous. I just came across it when looking at people's AIM profiles during class today. I've been knitting up a storm recently as well so it's fun to see your projects.

I also love your blog title :)

Jackie

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

My yarn seems to escape all the time--all on its own! :-)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Ha, great quote from your roommate! I totally know what you mean about suddenly waking up one day and realizing you have a stash. Rather than continuing to deny it, I decided to embrace reality and buy a little wheely drawer cabinet to keep it all organized. It's also the only way I can keep myself in check--if the drawers are all full, I'm not allowed to buy more yarn (at least until I start another project).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home