Monday, July 30, 2007

Fear not, I am alive!

The bar exam is over and done with. My worst nightmare came to fruition when my computer crashed the morning of the exam, and I was forced to take the essay portion by hand. I'll tell you, though: I handled it with more grace and poise than I thought I possessed. There was no crying, there was no panic, and there was no temper tantrum. I simply raised my hand, received the writing materials, got out my black pens, put in my ear plugs, and got down to business. I do not feel particularly good about how the exam went, but there is nothing I can do about it now and there is no way to know for sure until mid-October. So, for now, we wait, we relax, we vacation, and we knit!

Despite it all, I have been knitting!

I took a road trip down to Chapel Hill, NC for a reunion with my sorority sisters* this weekend. Since I was a passenger and not a driver, that meant well over 16 hours of uninterrupted knitting. I finished the knitting on the HP scarf.

I wove in the ends, and then it took a little bath for blocking.

The scarf was ridiculously long.

So I was counting on blocking it out to be fatter, but shorter.

We'll see if these dimensions hold after it dries.


I also cast on for my vacation knitting. I decided that wisp is a perfect vacay knit.

TD and I are visiting my sister in Florida and then taking a 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise. I can barely contain my excitement!

I'm officially on vacation until Aug 14, so I bid everyone in the knit blogosphere adieu until then!





*Side note rant: Think what you may of sororities in general, but do not be quick to judge. These girls remain among my closest friends to this day, and have always been some of the most intelligent and genuine people I have ever encountered. They blast the stereotypes right out of the water. Oh, except they can, indeed, drink like fish. Also, I was the president back in the day, so I'm a wee bit biased, but any group of girls who elects me (brains over beauty) can't be too bad!

4 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger KeanaLee said...

Love the scarf, I never read the HP books & decided to start this past week I finished the first book last night & then watched the 1st movie, I think I wil ldo the same with all the books. Have a good vacation, you deserve it. Congrats on the bar. My kids trust atty. are with Cohen & Grigsby, any chance you are working there? What a coincidence that would be, since I seem to be down at their offices once a month.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Elise said...

I gave a sorority a chance in college and I met some really great girls, they were smart and ambitious. I would never judge a sorority girl by her cover.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have a fantastic vacation, glad to hear that you handled the exam with poise!!

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! you survived!! glad to hear it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home