Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Arrivals

The tightlywound household has been a tad bit chaotic lately, thanks to some new arrivals.

First of all, in mid-January -- TD and I "arrived" home. To a house. That we own. (Well, us and the bank.)

The move itself was less than spectacular, and we took every bit of the two weeks of "extra" time to get all of our crap out of the apartment, but we managed (without killing each other -- score 1 for our future). The house is in the same neighborhood where we were renting, and I couldn't be more pleased with the location. Both TD and I hate the 'burbs with a passion (largely because the idea of having to get into my car for EVERYTHING makes me want to weep), so I am glad that we were able to find something that we could afford in a prime in-city location.

We started settling in, and I started itching for another new arrival.



Less than a week of searching on petfinder.com, and we were approved to be the new forever home of this little golden retriever pup. We re-named him Ward (as in Hines). He is the cutest little guy in the world, particularly when he thinks he might get a treat.

I am a dog person, while TD is a cat person. Our plan had always been to get a puppy and a kitten relatively close in time so that they could grow up together. Well, when we went to pick Ward up from the shelter, there was a crate full of kittens in the entry. You can see where this is going, I'm sure.



We took home this little guy, too. His name is Woodley, and he is the sweetest, most people-friendly kitten I have ever seen.

As if that is not enough new arrivals -- our friends gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Valentine's day.

I thought that this new addition needed some handknits to help welcome her into the world. (Also, isn't this a knitting blog?) Luckily, I had a plane ride to and from Panama, and plenty of sock yarn scraps. She's also getting the previously-made BSJ (that matches the booties on the right), which I am sewing buttons on today (pictures to come).

6 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Oh. My. GAWD. You're home owners! And parents! ;) Everything looks, well, perfect. Congrats!

(The booties are adorable too. But it's harder to notice them with the furbabies around.)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Buster said...

You've been busy! Your puppy and kitty are adorable - don't you just love snuggling the babies?

Also, what bootie pattern do you use - those are seriously cute?

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So much excitement! And my whole life I've wanted an orange tabby, so I am so jealous right now. Since I'm a child of the 70s I would have named him Morris, for sure:)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Your house is precious - dollhouse-esque. And your furry friends are the purr-fect accompaniement.
And your craftiness is incredible! Someday, you MUST pass on your knitting prowess. Miss you!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats on the new arrivals! (Well, they're not so new anymore, but I'm late in catching up.) Love the names. I will have to restrain myself from puppy-napping little Ward, though -- he's too cute!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Kat said...

What happened to you? Are you still around?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home