Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wait a minute...

...aren't there supposed to be two posters to this blog now? Wasn't there even a contest leading up to the big announcement of the new blogger in the family?

Yikes. Sorry about that. Here's the skinny on me: I'm Janet's baby sister, living and grad-schooling in south Florida. It's not what one might consider the ideal knitting climate, not to mention that basically everyone else that knits (and, well, lives) in this state is 65 and over, but I digress. Here's what happened - Janet suggested I join the blog after teaching me to knit and realizing that I had seriously caught the knitting bug. Seemed like a good idea at the time since I was knitting up a storm. Unfortunately all of a sudden things got serious at school and I barely had time to sleep let alone knit! The good news is I've recently picked up the needles again. The bad news is the projects on this end are still a little remedial, and my wit is only so-so. Hang in there, Janet's bound to blog again about her endless one-sock saga. In the meantime, here's what I've been up to.




Ah, yes. My very own Fetching. I absolutely adore this pattern. Mine are made in Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran, color 300102. I started them Friday afternoon and finished up on Sunday. Nothing like instant knitting bliss!


yarn: 6 skeins HTT Carloway Mills Shetland Aran in green

My Formal Boot Bag (From Bag Style), I'm embarrassed to say, I started in January. In fact, I finished the knitting in January! I even felted it practically immediately, which was no small task considering I hand felted. The bottom portion of the bag is knit with two strands, so while the top part felted pretty quickly the bottom took for-EVER. I love this bag, don't get me wrong, but I HATED finishing it. I don't particularly like any finishing, but anything that requires this much sewing is definitely not my thing (Maybe it's the pointy-ness of the needle, you have no idea how many times I poke myself when I don't have the luxury of the blunt yarn needle). Not to mention that my un-felted panel is probably not that straight due to my high-quality sewing. I love the way the tweed looks felted, but it lost a lot of size in the felting process. I went down a needle size on the un-felted portion to compensate, and I'm pretty excited about the finished product.

Now all I have to do is order a strap for it...

3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa. HAND felting? That's hard core. Love the bag, though!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Holy crap, I'm so excited that you actually posted!! LOVE how the formal boot bag turned out, even if it was a pain in the a** to finish!

Your fetching look great, too!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger KeanaLee said...

they look great! I have not done fetching yet but so want too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home