Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How I spent my Day Off


That, my friends, is the entire leg of my Very First Sock (not counting the toe I knit about a year ago in the toe-up STR penis pattern. A toe is not a sock, and that one was ripped out right-quick, never reaching sock status).
In case you've been living under a rock, the pattern is Knitty's Monkey, and this is Lorna's Laces Super Sock in amethyst stripe - knit on US size 1 dpns.
Please forgive the mediocre photography. I couldn't wait to show you!



Yesterday's conversation:
TD: what's that you're knitting there?
me: a sock
TD: huh. Well, you have enough scarves. You don't have too many socks.
me: yes, that was sort of the idea. I'll ask that you hold your applause until after I have successfully turned the heel.

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Yarnbeans said...

Love the purple monkeys! Great job on your very first sock! Yay!
Lori
Yarnbeans.typepad.com

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Way to go! You're well on your way now...

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's a great looking first sock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home