Sunday, September 09, 2007

Wisp and Odessa

The onslaught of FOs continues!

I finished knitting Wisp a couple of days ago, and got around to blocking her yesterday. God, blocking even the simplest lace is still a little slice of heaven.
I haven't decided if I'm adding the buttons or not. I like how she looks as-is, but if I can find some perfect shell buttons, I may give it a whirl.

Lest you think I've been perfectly disciplined and finishing only the UFOs on the needles, I present Odessa, which I cast on after finishing Wisp (but before finishing the entrelac scarf and the Dreaded Highland Triangle Shawl of Doom, of course).

Odessa was knit for my mother, but has already been gifted, so she's no longer a secret. This was my first go-around with beads, and I kind of love it. Happily, when I decided to knit Odessa for my mom ages ago, I hadn't decided on a color, so I bought beads to match 3 additional colors of dk weight wool in my stash... so, you know, if I want one for myself I could probably make that happen. Besides, it looks so cute on me, don'tcha think?

Now, if it would only stop being so freaking hot and humid! I'm SO ready for fall weather.

3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Grace said...

I totally agree, please Fall hurry up!

I love the Wisp and the white on white Odessa--you must make one for yourself!

Alice @ http://kathrynivy.com

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your Odessa is amazing and I agree that blocking lace is pure joy!!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger pia said...

i love the wisp. its GORGEOUS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home