Tuesday, August 28, 2007

(Another) Finished Object


In an astounding fit of knitting monogamy, I finished my striped version of My So-Called Scarf this afternoon!

When I started knitting this, I found the color combination to be a little bit wild, but fun. Now I kind of think it looks like 1976 puked all over my neck. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.



As I've said before, although I like the look of this stitch pattern, I hated knitting it with this yarn. All of the yarn was thick 'n' thin, and split like crazy. The red handspun was the best behaved of the bunch. The purple and Cream colors were a pain in my ass. They were some of my first ever online yarn purchases (I was looking for a cheaper substitute for Manos for a sweater... should have just bought the real deal... live and learn).

The good news is that it's very warm, and I have a plain purple sweater I can envision possibly wearing it with in the fall. If not.... does anyone really dig the '70s and need a new scarf?

The best news is that in the past 2 days, I've gone from having 7 WIPs to having only THREE (including the HP scarf, which only needs to be re-blocked and fringed). Now, if I can just keep myself from casting on for anything new, maybe I can finish Wisp, the entrelac scarf... and (dare I say it?) the Highland Triangle Shawl...

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

AWESOME wip reduction, that is my fantasy! And you are too funny about 1976 puking on your neck...that reminds me that in 1976 my dad was painting his office in earth tones and my brother and I were like 'Sheesh, why doesn't he use red, white and blue???"

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger pia said...

that scarf! too funny, you were knitting that ages ago! like, when I last saw you!
I understand. WIPs out of control. I've been fighting mine back as well, though you seem to be more sucessful right now.
btw...it took me an hour to cancel comcast last night and about half of that was my trying to get them to understand I wouldn't be paying my last bill since it was for the cycle when I had NO service. ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home