Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Long Time, No Blog

Here's the quick catch-up on what I've been knitting:



Foilage:






Pattern: Foliage, Knitty Fall 2007

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in "Bobby Blue" purchased at Windsor Button in Boston

Needles: US size 7 dpns

Modifications: none! love it!

Notes: And so begins my love affair with Malabrigo yarn...



Cabled mittens:


Pattern: Cozy Cabled Mittens, free online from My Life's Work (discovered on Ravelry)

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted. I've forgotten the colorway already, but it's obviously purple!

Needles: US size 7 dpns

Modifications: The old version of the pattern had some errors, but they appear to have been corrected now.

Notes: LOVE these, the pattern is great with the Malabrigo. I wear them all the time!







Thermal Sweater:



Pattern: Thermal, Knitty Winter 2006

Yarn: Knitpicks Gloss in Dusk colorway

Needles: 3mm circs (US size 2 or 2.5, depending upon who you ask)

Modifications: none so far

Notes: This is a lot of waffle stitch.




Pink Ear Flap Hat:

Pattern: Roman Ear Flap Hat, free online from mintyfresh

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino DK in a pink colorway

Needles: US size 5 circ

Modifications: none so far

Notes: this is a little bit slow going because while knitting the brim with the yarn held double creates a lovely thick and warm fabric, it's hard on my hands. But I love the pattern and I know it will be worth it!


TD's no-frills charcoal hat:


Pattern: A Hat Fit For a Boyfriend, free online from Stephanie Likes To Knit (discovered on ravelry)

Yarn: Cascade Venezia, gray

Needles: US size 8 dpns

Modifications: not a single one

Notes: TD needed a hat. He requested charcoal gray, soft, and no frills. A walk over to Natural Stitches on their second day in business, and one day of knitting later, this hat was complete!

Steelers Scarf:

Pattern: High School Colors Scarf, free from A.D.D. Knitter (discovered on ravelry). Not to be confused with THE A.D.D. Knitter (apparently A.D.D. is common among we who knit! A quick google search tells me I'm not the only "tightly wound loosely knit" out there, either!)

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted (you may be noticing a pattern, no?), yellow and black colorways purchased from the newly opened Natural Stitches in Pittsburgh.

Needles: US size 8 addi turbo circ

Mods: none.

Notes: Here we go STEELERS, Here we go! p.s. I'm going to the game against Miami tomorrow!!

whew! I think we're mostly caught up now!


I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are just CRANKING, woman! I am also in a major malabrigo love affair moment....and go Stillers!!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Wow, so many gorgeous projects! Isn't Malabrigo amazing? I think I never want to knit with anything else now.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger pia said...

hello hello! I love Malabrigo... I was just trying to figure out when I would have time to go to the store this week so I can get some and do the Yarn Harlot's new hat pattern (I have some worsted, but I want to get the chunky)
And... did you love Windsor Button? No frills, but holy selection! I ALWAYS go there when I'm home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home