Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chevron Mania and My Last Week of Freedom

The Chevron Scarf is just too alluring. Too addicting. Too amazing. Too dazzling. I couldn't help myself. I just love watching the colors melt together.



This version is knit with two skeins of Koigu on size 6 needles using Debbie Bliss' Zigzag Stripes scarf pattern from Scarf Style.


As usual, the camera isn't doing a very good job of capturing the vibrant beautiful colors. You'll just have to take my word on this one: It's a dream.

Okay, but this is going to be the last scarf for awhile. I have a closet full of beautiful scarves, all most all of which I'm madly in love with. I'm beyond that point as a knitter where I think it's lame to knit flat rectangles. As long as I'm enjoying those rectangles (and occasionally learning something new, anyway), who cares? Being realistic, however, I recognize that there is a limited number of scarves that one person can reasonably wear. I fear I may be rapidly approaching that number (even taking into account my very liberal definition of "reasonable").

So, what next?
Well, I cast on yesterday and blew through 2/3 of the Anthropologie-Inspired Caplet (total misnomer, the damn thing has sleeves.... which in my book makes it a cropped cardigan). I'm banking on the LYS having another skein or two of the Superchucky Cashmerino I'm using (but only bought just recently, so I feel good about my odds). I had enough yardage that the pattern calls for to make a "S-M", but the pattern length on my.... errr, rather well-endowed chest was comical at best. Let's just say I REALLY need another skein's worth of length unless I want the thing to stop mid-boob... which is really not the look that I'm going for, in the end.

After that?
Hats. I have an almost impossible to control urge to knit more hats. Probably another Odessa. Probably Santa Cruz. Definitely some mittens. Definitely as much stash-busting as possible.

Then? Sweaters. From Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits, which I've been salivating on for months now. I want to do an elongated version of the Puff-sleeved Cardigan. Maybe the Elizabeth Bennet Cardigan. Or perhaps the Cozy V-Neck Pullover? Ohh, and definitely the Back to School U-Neck Vest.



Right. Except.... except, back here in reality? Here in reality, I start My Very First Big Girl Job on Monday. Sure, it starts with a plane ride for knitting time. But something tells me that working for BigLaw might cut into my knitting time just a teensy weensy bit. Sigh. But in my dreams? In my dreams I'll have 4 new sweaters, 8 new hats, and 6 new pairs of mittens before Christmas. Oh, and I'll miraculously gain the ability to finish the Highland Triangle Shawl, too.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The Chevron is a beauty!! Isn't it fun to use koigu for a non-sock project?

If you are into hats, have you seen 'Foliage' in the new Knitty? After 'Shedir' that is definitely my next hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home