Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First FO of 2008 and Happy New Year!


Pattern: Roman Earflap Hat, by Mintyfresh
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino DK, pink
Needles: US size 5 16" circ, and US size 5 dpns
After dragging my feet on this project for way to long thanks to the holiday knitting, I picked it back up yesterday and finished (I only had one earflap and the pom poms left to finish). Just in time since I awoke to a bit of a snowstorm...

Looking back at 2007, it's hard to believe what a year I've had. So many changes!
In 2007, I:
graduated from law school
passed the bar exam
started my first "real job"
started adult-ish things like a 401(k)
fell in love
moved to Pittsburgh
moved in with aformentioned love
traveled to: Detroit, Las Vegas, Ft Lauderdale, [Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman - on the cruise], Boston, and Chicago
was a bridesmaid in my best friend from High School's wedding

Knitting-wise, 2007 was a pretty big learning year. For the first time, I:
knit lace
took a knitting class
knit with beads
did the kitchner stitch
joined some bandwagons: Chevron Scarves and a Clapotis
knit a hat (then proceeded to knit many many more hats)

Like most, I have many goals for 2008.
(1) give up the snooze button (probably my worst habit)
(2) get back into shape/loose the weight that snuck up on me/stop wasting my gym membership. As soon as I figure out how to add something to the template to calculate miles run/walked this year, look for it in the sidebar.
(3) knit colorwork

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, you must try colorwork. Just be forewarned -- it's highly addictive!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You really accomplished a lot in 2007, I am sure that 2008 has great things in store for you. I love your new pink hat, btw! And we didn't get ANY snow at all yesterday, I am so perturbed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home