Monday, February 18, 2008

And the Winner Is....

Cheryl:) ! Cheryl, I left a comment on your blog - please email me so that we can get you the winnings!! Congratulations!! (also, as a side note - it appears that Cheryl is having a bad day. I bet she would appreciate some extra comments to chear her)

Jody asked what MY answers to the questions would be, so here goes:
1. Most loved handknit: My Clapotis (rav link). It is over-sized and warm, and it almost makes super cold days worthwhile. Close second is my Roman-Earflap Hat. I wear this thing constantly.
2. I most enjoyed knitting: My ZigZag Stripes Chevron Scarf (rav link). The colors are so pretty, the pattern is so simple, and I loved every minute of it.



On a much more somber note:

I meant to pick the winner over the weekend, but - as tends to happen- life got in the way. We've had a rough go of things chez tightlywound these past few days. A day of local skiing took a downward turn (horribly bad pun not intended), resulting in multiple emergency rooms, an extended hospital stay, and what will eventually be a very long road to recovery for TD's father, who sustained a very serious shoulder injury.

TD and I have been neither sufficiently rested nor caffeinnated since the accident. Fine for me, as I can review documents on minimal sleep (and there is ample coffee available at work). Less fine for TD, who takes the PA bar exam in less than 8 days.

Please send us warm thoughts.

9 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Jen Taylor said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear the news. Good luck to all!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger LisaBe said...

yikes. so sorry about the accident. hope everyone gets well and happy soon!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger KeanaLee said...

sorry about the ski trip, good luck on the bar TD! Hope it goes well, I can always use a good laywer*JK*

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Really, really sorry about the skiing incident, hope he makes a swift recovery.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Sorry to hear the bad news! I hope the recovery goes well, and you guys can get back to your normal rested selves soon!

Congrats, Cheryl! You will have tons of fun with that gift cert, I'm sure!

Alice (http://kathrynivy.com)

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Oh no. I hope all goes well with the recovery. And good luck to TD on the bar exam--my sister and her husband are moving to PA in June, and it's comforting to know there's another lawyer to help keep things orderly! :)

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger k_purls2 said...

Oh my, be encouraged. I hope he recovers soon and TD does well on his exam.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Oh I'm entirely jealous! I got here too late. I'm so happy for Cheryl, though -- she's a great friend! And I hope TD's father recovers quickly. Best wishes!!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Grace said...

I will keep all of you in my prayers, good luck with the bar to TD and a speedy recovery to TD's dad.

I must now go offer congratulations to Cheryl!!!!

Thanks for the info on the clapotis!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home