Monday, February 04, 2008

One finished sock



it fits! well... kind of. I can physically get it on my foot, but getting the leg portion over my heel is quite a challenge. For the second sock, I cast on with 2 needles held together and then knit a row before starting the twisted rib... the LYS promises this will make a stretchier cuff, and it sure seems to be the case.
The LYS also promised to hold my hand if I decide to cut the top off and reknit the ribbing of sock #1. I think I'll see how sock #2 fits before attempting surgery...
In terms of the Big Giveaway Contest, stay tuned! I'm still conjuring up some prizes, though. I think it will be some sort of combo prize, hopefully something to please everyone! More details later in the week, I promise!

5 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that purple, and I say be fearless in your attempt at surgery...

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Buster said...

Pretty!!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! It turned out beautifully.

If it helps, I always do my cast on over two needles to keep it loose. I do a regular long-tail cast on, which supposedly is not a very flexible cast on, but doing it over two needles seems to go a long way.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jody said...

I love the yarn! What are you using?

Good luck with the surgery. I would definitely keep the LYS on speed dial for that one!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger k_purls2 said...

the sock looks great. What pattern is that and what yarn, I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home